CCTV & SECURITY INSTALLATION AND SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Established in 1971, Rechenberg specialises in locksmithing, electronic security and alarm monitoring through our own control room that monitors clients Australia-wide and in New Zealand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time role that will see you travelling to different sites throughout the Greater Brisbane region. Every day will vary depending on the complexity of each job. You will be specialising in the installation, servicing, maintenance and commissioning of all electronic security systems including CCTV, Access Control, Automated Door Controls, Access Readers and Security Alarm systems.
- Diagnosing and repairing complex equipment malfunctions on site.
- Installation and commissioning of Security and Access Control systems including; IP CCTV, Alarm systems, Access Control, and Audio/Video Intercoms.
- Manage and maintain existing and new wireless and cabled networks for commercial and residential customers
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients.
- Conduct site visits to quote for new installations and upgrades.
- Train and mentor new team members and apprentices
- High level of customer service
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Ability to read and follow site plans
- Ability to work unsupervised
Personal and Desirable Criteria
- Presentable and well-groomed
- Reliable, honest and punctual
- Able to work solo or as part of a team
- Have a genuine interest in the latest electronic security technology and IT to deliver the best solutions to our customers.
- Experience as an Installer and Service Technician in electronic security or in a similar industry e.g. electrician, communication tech etc.
- A working knowledge of using and installing software on servers and workstations
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving wireless and wired networks
- Intermediate to advanced experience with; IP CCTV installation, networking, configuration and management, and Security Alarm System installation and programming with a broad knowledge across multiple brands including Bosch, Hills Reliance, Paradox, Crow, DSC, Risco, Tecom, Inner Range Concept and Integrity
- MUST hold an open cabling licence
- MUST hold or be able to obtain a QLD drivers’ licence
- MUST hold or be able to obtain a QLD Security Installers & Advisors Licence
- Only applicants with existing right to work in Australia will be considered
At Rechenberg we offer our employees a wide range of staff perks and benefits, including:
- Competitive wage rates, with KPI bonuses based on the role
- Company vehicle and phone with reasonable personal use
- Excellent company-paid education, training and professional development opportunities
- Monday to Friday stable full-time hours
- Long-term employment with opportunities to progress in your role
- Friendly, innovative and progressive team culture