WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO US
BE GOOD PEOPLE
We want our team to be good people even when no one is watching.
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO US
- We believe that by doing the right thing by our team, customers and suppliers creates trust and respect that benefits all.
- We believe what we do makes a difference to people’s lives, in their homes and in their industry.
- We believe success is never final, disappointment is never fatal, it is courage that counts.
HOW WE ACHIEVE IT
- We believe that innovation starts with education.
- We believe in going where others have not and have them follow, as no one has told us it can’t be done.
- We believe in things appearing different when looked at from another’s point of view.
- We believe to achieve the best outcome is starting with the end in mind.
WHO HELPS US
Having a reliable, trustworthy and highly-skilled team is an asset to any business.
At Rechenberg, we are extremely proud of our expert licensed consultants, operators, locksmiths and technicians, who all work together to understand your specific security requirements.
You can trust that our team will be able to confidently design, install and monitor the most appropriate system to suit your needs.
HOW WE GOT HERE
Established back in 1971, our company has an extensive history of working in the security industry.
We started from humble beginnings, travelling regional Queensland offering our locksmith services. Fast forward to today and we are providing security systems and alarm monitoring services to more than 10,000 customers Australia-wide!
In mid-1980, the Rechenberg family entered into a joint venture in electronic security with Rely Security – a company which supplied, installed and monitored electronic alarm systems. Unfortunately due to Gordon’s ill health this successful business was sold.
In 1988, Michael Rechenberg joined Lock Sales & Service and started as an apprentice locksmith, trained by his father, Gordon Rechenberg.
In 1993, the company once again ventured into electronic security with the supply and installation of alarm systems. Gordon and Marion decided to open their own 24-hour security monitoring centre in Bundaberg to monitor activations from the alarm systems they installed. They employed security officers to provide 24-hour response to alarm activations.
In 2001, Rechenberg opened an office in Brisbane and soon after was providing a full range of security products and services to customers from the Gold Coast to Cairns.
In 2003, sadly Gordon Rechenberg passed away, leaving behind a legacy of excellence in security and locksmithing. Marion Rechenberg semi-retired from the company years later.
In 2014, Michael Rechenberg became Managing Director of Rechenberg Security & Locksmiths and continues in maintaining the original goals of Gordon and Marion – to provide the same high level of service and customer satisfaction.