The Christmas and New Year period is a peak time for break-ins for both households and businesses. As a business owner, it is likely that you will be closing down for an extended period of time during the holiday season. The last thing you want is for all of the hard work that has been put into your business to be taken away, due to a lack of security!
Here’s what you need to know to keep your business and contents secure while you’re away.
Check Your Existing Security Systems
If you already have a security system in place, it is essential that you conduct an in-depth sweep of how effective your security measures are. Doing this before the Christmas break will give you peace of mind heading into the New Year, knowing that your business is fully protected.
Check the following:
- Are your systems up to date?
- Are there blind spots that your security cameras miss?
- Have you recently tested your alarms?
- Do you know where all of the keys to the premises are? Are they kept in a secure place?
- Do the locks on doors and windows need replacing or repairing?
- Do you need to update your access control system?
- Are your smoke alarms working and monitored? Crime isn’t the only risk to your business.
- Are your insurance policies up to date?
Now is the time to install a security system
If you don’t already have a security system in place, now is a better time than ever to organise the installation of an up to date system. For the ultimate security, it’s best to have a complete security system that has fully integrated alarms, CCTV and access control into all entrances into the property.
24/7 monitoring with immediate action
Here, at Rechenberg, all of our security systems are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week from our control room. When you aren’t there to watch your business, you can rely on us to be monitoring the security of your business without a single thing sliding under our radar. The Rechenberg Control Room has a superior alarm response time, with our times surpassing the Australian Standard for a Grade 1 Control Room.